3-D Rainbow Wreath
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
A great way to use up extra crepe paper streamers and tissue paper from birthday parties is to make this vibrant 3-D rainbow wreath! This makes a fabulous idea for St. Patrick's Day or for spring.
What you'll need:
- 1 paper plate
- Crepe paper streamers or tissue paper, or a combination of the two in: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
- White craft glue
- Pencil with an eraser
How to make it:
- Cut the center out of the paper plate. (See photo.)
- Tear tissue paper and/or streamers into square pieces. They do not need to be exact, approximately 1-2” square is good.
- Pipe a line of glue halfway around the outer rim of the plate.
- Twist a piece of red paper around the eraser end of the pencil. (See photo.)
- Gently push the paper onto the glue, the paper should grab and you will be able to pull the pencil out. Repeat with red until you get to the end of the glue line. Pipe glue around the other half of the plate rim and continue with red paper until entire outside rim is covered with red paper. (See photo.)
- Repeat step number 4 for each color. Next would be orange, pipe a line of glue around the rim just under the red and place orange papers. (See photo.) Repeat for yellow, green, blue and purple, working your way toward the center with each color.