Independence Day Votive Candleholder
Parental supervision is recommended
The starry design of this decorative terra-cotta Independence Day votive candleholder is perfect for the Fourth of July or ANY day.
What you'll need:
- Terra-cotta pot with dish
- Navy blue craft paint
- Liquitex Gesso-White
- Star stencil
- 2 Paintbrushes (one wide and one narrow)
- 1" Sponge brushes
- Waxed paper or plastic grocery bag
- Votive candle
How to make it:
- Lay down waxed paper or a plastic bag to protect your work space.
- Paint the whole terra-cotta pot and its dish with the Liquitex Gesso White paint with a wide paint brush. Allow to dry overnight. This provides a good base coat.
- Paint the whole terra-cotta pot and the dish navy blue with the
- Allow the blue paint to dry.
- Using the stencil, draw on stars all over the pot and dish with a pencil.
- Paint in the stars with the Liquitex Gesso White. Use the narrow paintbrush. Let dry.
- Place a votive candle in the pot, light, and enjoy!