Paper Flower on a Stem Mother's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 & up
This card can be planted in any unused flower pot at home to look like a real flower. It also has smaller hidden cards placed on it for super secret messages to mom!
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock (2 types) Green colored cardstock
- Solid colored cardstock
- Buttons (large, medium, and small)
- Glue gun
- Double-sided padded tape
- Twig branch (1)
- Small black wooden beads
- 1/4" W x 3" L ribbon
- Patterns 1, 2, 3
How to make it:
Step 1: MAKING THE CARD
- Trace and cut out flower pattern (A) on design cardstock.
- Trace and cut out flower pattern (B) on solid colored cardstock.
- Trace and cut out flower pattern (C) on design cardstock.
- Trace and cut out circle pattern (D) on green cardstock.
- Trace and cut out three leaf patterns on green cardstock.
- Trace and cut out butterfly pattern on design or solid cardstock.
Step 2: MAKING THE FLOWER
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of flower (B).
- Place flower (B) on top of flower (A), securing with double-sided tape.
- Place double-sided padded tape on back of flower (C).
- Place flower (C) on top of flower (B), securing with double-sided tape.
- Glue moss around center edge of flower (C).
- Glue (D) to center of flower (C).
Step 3: MAKING THE SECRET MESSAGE CARDS
- Trace and cut out a secret message card on white cardstock using a large button as a template.
- Glue large button on top of card.
- Glue hidden message button on green center card.
- Glue small bow on top of large button.
- Glue various size buttons around large button. (See photo.)
Step 4: MAKING THE FLOWER'S STEM AND BUTTERFLY
- Glue green leaves on twig branch using glue gun.
- lace the flower card face down and glue the top of the stem to the center of flower.
- Glue the butterfly patterns together, with the smaller one on top of the larger one, and then glue the butterfly onto one of the leaves.
- Glue small black wooden bead to make the head of the butterfly. (See photo.)
- Replace twig branch with wooden dowel