Parental supervision is recommended
A quick and easy Angel Ornament craft that can adorn your Christmas tree year after year. For more great Christmas ornaments featuring angels, check out our Clothespin Angel Ornament, Coffee Filter Angel and Angel and Singer Ornaments.
What you'll need:
- 20" of 4" wide gathered lace
- 10" of 1" wide gathered lace
- 7/8" round wood bead or turning
- Craft hair
- 1 square of white felt
- Paint - brown or blue for eyes, red for lips
- Craft wire
- Braided cord
- 10" Fishing line or heavy duty clear thread
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Gather 20" piece of 4" wide lace on wire and twist wire together for dress.
- Hot glue wood bead on top of gathered lace.
- Gather 10" piece of 1" wide lace on wire for collar, twist closed around base of head.
- Make wings out of felt in shape of a butterfly. Trim with braided cord around edge.
- Glue craft hair on the top of the bead.
- Cut a piece of braided cord to fit top of head (as halo) and glue ends together. Glue on top of hair.
- Knot piece of fishing line together. Lay on top of wings with the loop above the wings (to use an hanger).
- Generously glue wings to the back of angel.
- Paint eyes and mouth on wood bead for face.