Angel Wings Card & Door Hanger
By: Christine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Why not give someone their very own heavenly angel? This ethreal card also doubles as a great ornament or door decoration.
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock
- White cardstock
- Boa (white)
- 3 Pipe cleaners
- Beads (colored)
- 1” Wooden ball or doll head
- Needle and thread
- 1/4" ribbon
- Thin black marker
- Acrylic paint (skin tone, red, white, pink)
- Hot glue gun
- Embroidery thread
- Jewlery wire (optional)
How to make it:
Step 1: Wings/Dress
- Trace and cut out wing pattern on white cardstock. For the wings, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the "fold line" indicated on the pattern.
- Cut out a 5" x 5" square on design cardstock.
- Cut out two 2" x 2" squares of design cardstock.
- Roll each 2" x 2" square into a cone shape for sleeves and glue together.
Step 2: Arms / Body
- Fold a piece of pipe cleaner in half for the body.
- Glue wooden head at open end of pipe cleaner body.
- Fold both ends of another piece of pipe cleaner so the two ends meet at the center. These will be used for the arms.
- Twist pipe cleaner arms around the body once, 1/2" from the base of head
- Secure the pieces together by wrapping colored embroidery thread tightly and closely around the arms and neck.
- Tie and cut with scissors.
Step 3: Legs/ Dress
- With the embroidery thread or jewlery wire, create two, 3" long bead strings and tie to botton of pipe cleaner's body for legs.
- Roll up the 5" x 5"square dress and shape it into a cone around pipecleaner's body.
- Leave pointy edges uncut and glue cone together.
- Slide dress under arms and glue to body with hot glue.
- Slide sleeves onto arms and glue in place with hot glue.
Step 4: Halo/Wings
- Cut an 8" long piece of 1/4” ribbon and glue ends to back of neck and head.
- Cut a 3" piece of pipe cleaner for halo and string 1" to 1 ½" with colored beads.
- Shape the beaded part of the pipe cleaner into a circle and twist together the loose end to the middle of the pipe cleaner, leaving 1" unbeaded at the end.
- Hot glue the unbeaded end of pipecleaner to back of angel's head.
- Glue a small piece of boa around the neck.
- Glue boa on the front and back of wings.
Glue wings on back of dress.
- You could paint a face using paint and thin permanent black marker but we suggest you leave face unpainted.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.