Singing Angel Pin
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This lovely little angel has some pretty songs to sing. A wonderful gift for Mom or Grandma or even for your teacher!
What you'll need:
- 1 large white foam heart
- 2 medium white foam hearts
- 1 medium white foam circle
- Glittery gold chenille stick
- White glitter
- Pink glitter
- Pink acrylic paint
- Scruffy paint brush
- White craft glue
- Hot glue gun
- Black Sharpie marker
- Pin back
How to make it:
- Mix a little white craft glue with some water.
- Paint the white foam hearts with the glue mixture, then sprinkle white glitter all over them. Let dry, then tap off excess.
- Use a scruffy paint brush and dip it into some pink paint. Dab off the excess paint onto a piece of paper towel until brush is almost dry. To make cheeks, paint small circles onto foam circle.
- Use the Sharpie marker to draw on her eyes, eyelashes and mouth.
- Hot glue the small hearts behind the larger upside down heart. The smaller hearts are the wings.
- Bend the chenille stick about 2 inches up. Then use your glue stick to make the round halo by wrapping the chenille around the cap of the glue stick. Trim the excess.
- Hot glue the halo to the back of the circle. This is the head.
- Hot glue the head in place at the top of the upside down heart.
- Pipe white craft glue onto the bottom of the large heart and up at the neckline under the circle. Sprinkle generously with pink glitter. Let dry and tap off excess.
- Turn angel over and hot glue the pin back on.
- If you don’t have white foam circles, you can paint other colors with white acrylic paint. You may need a couple of coats. Or, you can use other colors of foam for other skin tones, robes and wings. You can also use Woodsies for this project.
- Add a little more to this angel by gluing on short strands of curly doll hair, available at your local craft store.
- Make this project a magnet instead of a pin. Simply replace the pin back with a small round magnet.