Angled photo frame
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can display their favorite photos or pictures in an unusual way by crafting this quirky angled photo frame. A piece of craft wood and some simple tools will yield a delightful result.
What you'll need:
- Piece of craftwood (about 150 cm square) [see note below]
- Power drill
- Hat elastic - black or white
- 2 lengths of thin baton (dowel rods) - about 0.5 to 1 cm in diameter and 11cm in length
- Small sheet of clear overhead transparency film
- 1 craftwood triangle - approximately 7 cm long x 3 cm, with a 1-2 cm slit cut about 1 cm from the bottom wide edge.
How to make it:
- Cut an upside down V shape in the top of the craftwood, and a right side up V in the opposite end.
- Sand smooth.
- Measure two centimeters in from every edge and mark with a pencil.
- Drill four holes where these dots meet.
- Drill a three millimeter hole over each dot.
- Paint the front side of craftwood to suit.
- Turn frame over and glue the triangle of craftwood on back to make the stand.
- Cut a length of elastic and tie into a loop.
- Thread elastic through top left-hand hole. Position one baton so that elastic holds it in place. Do same with the bottom left-hand side. Repeat for right-hand side. Slip the bottom run of elastic into the slit in the craftwood triangle stand. (See photo of back.)
- Turn back to front and slip in transparency between batons to be your frame "glass".