Animals Memory Game
Difficulty: Very Easy
Boost brain power with this simple kids memory game craft that's perfect for kids in preschool or kindergarten. You can use the animal figures suggested in the instructions or other small colorful objects.
What you'll need:
- Little flocked animals, various colors and types (or any type of small toys)
- Tabletop or box lid
- Small cloth or kitchen towel
How to make it:
Start out with only a few animals on the box lid. As the child gets better at the game, add more and more animals.
- Have the first child lay the animals out on a box lid.
- Let the second child study the animals on the lid.
- Have the first child cover the animals with the small cloth.
- Have the first child reach under the cloth and remove a few of the animals. Hide these either in his lap or behind his back.
- Have the first child remove the cloth.
- Have the second child guess which animals (and colors) were removed.
- When the guessing is done, have the first child show the second child whether he was correct.
- Now let the second child repeat what the first child did and let the first child do the guessing.
- Have fun!
See also Colored Noodles to use with this activity.
Be sure to see What's Next for a sequencing game that teaches children patterns.