Answer Feather Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Answer feathers are used to reveal the answers to your questions. Tell Dad to query the feather and the answer should be revealed to him the next day!
What you'll need:
- Design paper
- 2 colors of faux suede fabric
- 2 colors of string
- Beads (colored)
- Pencil and ruler
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Large needle
- Craft knife with blade
How to make it:
- Trace and cut out the printed-out card pattern.
- Score on the dotted line.
- Cut out a 3” W x 5½” L rectangle shape from cardstock.
- Cut out a 3” W x 5½” L rectangle shape from faux fabric (1st color--we used tan), cover rectangle shaped cardstock and glue together.
- Cut out 7” W x 11½” L piece of faux suede fabric (2nd color--we used beige).
- Cover card with faux suede piece and trim off excess.
- Have a grown-up cut out rectangle shape window on front of card.
- On the inside of the card, position the faux suede rectangle from Step 1 over the window, "right" side face down. Glue into place.
- Cut a 2½” W x 5¾” L strip of design paper and glue to folded edge of card.
- Pierce four (4) holes, evenly apart, ¾” in from edge of card.
- Twist two (2), 24” L pieces of colored string together and then sew the string through the holes and along the folded edge of card in a criscrossed manner (start at bottom).
- Tie end of string together at top of card.
- Thread beads to each end of string and glue a small feather to end.
- Cut out three (3) 1/8” W x 6” L strips of faux suede fabric and tie to end of string.
- Using one (1) long feather, glue two (2) different sized beads to base.
- Glue feather to front at center of card.
- Write or type out the "Answer Feather Instructions" (below) on the inside of the card.
ANSWER FEATHER INSTRUCTIONS
The answer feather is a traditional healing tool for those seeking answers.
Pick the feather you are attracted to, ask it a question and keep it with you.
You will receive your answer within the next day.
Thank the feather and release it back to mother earth or cleanse it in the moonlight and use it for another question.
- You can substitute faux suede fabric for design paper.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.