Baby Chick Easter Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
You can make this baby chick Easter card using left-over craft materials!
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock
- Brown paper
- Half of a wooden egg
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
- Pale blue/yellow/white acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Black marker (thin)
- Blush make-up or pink acrylic paint
- Cotton ball
- Down feathers
- 2 buttons
- Decorative edged scissors
- 1-hole punch
How to make it:
Step 1: CARD PATTERN
- Print out pattern and trace onto design cardstock and cut out using scissors.
- Fold card in half from left to right and trim top of card using the decorative edged scissors
- Print out or trace pattern (A) on brown paper and cut out using the decorative edged scissors.
Step 2: MAKING THE CHICK
- Paint half of a wooden egg pale blue and let dry.
- Draw two eyes with a thin black marker on front of egg for face.
- Dot top of eyes with white paint for highlighting effect.
- Paint a triangular yellow beak on face of chick under eyes and let dry.
- Outline beak with a thin black marker.
- Dot top right side of beak with white paint for highlighting effect.
- Take a cotton ball and brush on blush or a dab of some pink paint to the sides of face for cheeks.
- Glue some down feathers on top of head for hair.
Step 3: MAKING THE CARD
- Center brown paper template on top of design cardstock card and glue in place with glue stick.
- Center chick on front of card and glue down with glue gun.
- Glue some moss to bottom of chick to make the nest.
- Punch a hole through front left side of card.
- Cut a 7" L piece of jute and thread through hole and knot ends.
- Glue one button on front, right side of card.
- Glue the other button on back of card behind the first button.
- Create a small loop same size as button at one end of 3” L piece of jute
- Wrap loop over the button on back of card.
- Pull other end tightly around to front of card and glue on top of front button. Cut off excess jute as needed.
- Create a small bow with a 3” L piece of jute.
- Glue bow on top of front button.
- Use white cardstock and paint your own card design for the card's background.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.