Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree Craft
Parental supervision is recommended
Create a radiant decoration for your window by crafting this baby food jar Christmas tree. It makes a glowing multicolor display that will look both inviting and fun to passersby or arriving holiday guests.
What you'll need:
- 33 (4 oz.) Baby food jars with lids
- 2 strings of gold star wire garland (used to decorate packages)
- Strand of 35 miniature Christmas tree lights
- Gold or green spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue (dries clear not white)
- Wire clippers
- Sturdy box cutter
How to make it:
- Spray paint outside of baby food jar lids. Let dry.
- Hot glue the baby food jars arranging them as in photo.
- Using the wire clippers, cut 33 pieces of the gold star garland in about a 7" length.
- Wind each piece of garland in a circle to fit inside the jars. Place in the bottom of each jar.
- Take each baby food jar lid and make a large "V" cut using the box knife. (see close-up photo)
- Screw on all the lids onto the jars.
- Place the first light on the string of lights through the cut in the lid of the top jar.
- Place the remaining lights in the jars, weaving back and forth for the rows.
- When you get to the last row of the tree (before the tree trunk), you will need to double up 2 lights in 2 jars in order to get the lights into the tree trunk.
- Plug in your tree and enjoy the beautiful lights!
You may want to find a way to prop your tree on a table in front of an exterior window. It makes for a very beautiful display! Enjoy! Merry Christmas!