Baby Sock Clothesline Notes
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
The mom-to-be will cherish this thoughtful and useful gift forever. Have each shower guest write a special and meaningful wish or note to mom, dad and the baby, then roll it up and tie with a ribbon. Insert into the baby sock clothesline and mom will have keepsakes from her shower for years to come.
What you'll need:
- Baby socks
- White yarn
- Miniature clothespins
- Colorful patterned papers
- White ribbon
How to make it:
- Cut a length of yarn long enough to hold as many socks as you will have shower guests. Socks should be spaced about 3-4” apart.
- Hang yarn on the wall with push pins and attach socks with clothespins.
- As shower guests arrive, have each guest write a personal note to mom, dad and/or the new baby.
- Roll the paper around the pen, colored pattern facing outward, and tie with white ribbon. Tie into a bow.
- Insert rolled notes into the socks as guests come in.
- After gifts have been opened, present the new mom with her personal notes. Socks can be removed from the clothesline and presented as an additional gift for the new baby.
- Grab the tissues!
- If you know the gender of the baby, purchase socks in appropriate colors. If you don’t, choose white or gender non-specific colors such as yellow and green.
- After mom has seen her gift, place notes into a zipper sandwich bag so that they do not get separated.
- This makes a very cute nursery decoration as well. Instead of putting the notes away and taking down the socks, keep the clothesline in tact and hang on the nursery wall.