By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Place these darling little balloon ghouls on the table to greet guests--and at night, place a battery operated tea light underneath to give a ghostly glow to the room!
What you'll need:
- White T-shirt material
- Round balloons
- Wide mouth jars (to use as stands)
- White craft glue
- Large wiggle eyes
- Battery operated tea lights
How to make it:
- Partially blow up balloons, big enough to fit in one hand (about the size of a large orange).
- Place balloon, tied end down, on top of a jar (see image).
- Mix 1 part water and 2 parts white glue to make a paintable mixture.
- Tear or cut t-shirt material into strips long enough to drape over your balloon (see image).
- Paint the top of the balloon with the glue mixture. Place a strip of material across the balloon and paint more mixture over the top of the fabric (see image).
- Continue this process, crossing fabric over itself to cover all sides. Let it dry completely (see image).
- Have an adult use a sharp knife to pop the balloon. Carefully peel it out of the material mold (see image).
- Trim the ends of the material so that the ghouls will stand up by themselves.
- Glue wiggle eyes on the front.
- Wait until it starts to get dark and put the ghosts over a battery operated tea light and watch them glow (see image).
- Do not use regular tea lights as this is a fire hazard! Only use battery operated tea lights to illuminate these ghouls.
- Instead of wiggle eyes, you can paint the eyes on or cut them out of felt.
- If you would like to hang these ghouls, use a sewing needle threaded with white thread and poke through the top.