Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- New or shiny pennies
- Plain barrettes with a flat surface
- White craft glue or a hot glue gun
- Green and/or gold glittery pom-poms
- Expandable hair clips
- Wax paper
- Glitter glue (optional)
How to make it:
- To make these barrettes simply glue three shiny pennies to the flat outside of a barrette and allow to dry completely. Note: If you like, you can paint the pennies with glitter glue to give them extra shine – just be sure to let them dry completely before wearing them.
- To make the pom-pom hair clips, first clamp the clip to the wax paper so the clamps do not stick together when you use the glue.
- Glue three pom-poms to each hair clip and let dry completely before taking the wax paper out.
- Pom-poms are available in a wide variety of colors and sizes at discount department and craft supply stores.
- Silver hair clips can be found in the hair accessories aisle near the bobby pins and rollers.
- Use your imagination when decorating hair accessories. Add ribbons, buttons, whatever your heart desires!