The Bath Salts will make a great gift. Keep your eyes open for some unusual jars to use.
What you'll need:
- Large glass or metal mixing bowl
- 2 cups Epsom's salts
- 1 cup Sea salt, rock salt or coarse salt
- Food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon Glycerin
- Essential oil for fragrance such as vanilla, citrus or peppermint, optional
- Clean, dry jars with cork stoppers or metal screw-on lid
How to make it:
- Try and do this on a day with low humidity, the salt will absorb moisture from the air.
- Combine salts in bowl and mix well. Add a couple drops of food coloring and mix well.
- Add glycerin and essential oil (4 or 5 drops) and mix well.
- Spoon salts into the jars and close them.
- Make a gift tag with the scent (if you used one) and suggesting using 1/3 to 1/2 cup in the bath.
- Makes 3 cups of bath salts.