Beaded reindeer ornament
Add a dash of reindeery goodness to your Christmas tree with this Beaded reindeer ornament. This craft is most appropriate for teens and adults.
What you'll need:
- Paper Mache Reindeer ornament, three dimensional
- About 18 feet of small gold bead garland, depending on the size of your reindeer ornament. (This sounds like a lot of garland, but the beads are so small that you do need this much.)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold glitter glue or paint
- Paper towels
- Wax paper
- Gold ribbon
How to make it:
- Lay out a piece of wax paper.
- Using the hot glue gun, begin gluing the beads TIGHTLY around the reindeer. To do this, just wind the beads around and around the reindeer, putting drops of hot glue where needed. You may need to cut smaller pieces of the bead garland to wind separately around the legs, head, antlers, etc.
- Continue around the whole body of the reindeer until it is completely covered with the beads.
- Allow the glue to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze a small amount of the gold glitter glue or paint onto another piece of wax paper.
- Use the paintbrush to paint the glitter onto the body of the reindeer. It may get in between some of the beads if you didn't wind the beads tightly enough. If you do get large clumps of the glitter in between the beads, use a toothpick to get them out.
- Use the paper towel to wipe some of the paint off of the body of the reindeer. You don't want a thick layer of glitter paint, you just want the body of the ornament to shimmer.
- Allow the ornament to dry on the wax paper.
- Cut a piece of ribbon to tie around the neck of the reindeer. If the ornament does not already have a ribbon to hang the ornament with, form a loop with the ribbon as well.
- Hang and enjoy!
This ornament would be beautiful tied on to a Christmas present and would become a present in itself.