By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Bead buddies make fun beaded keychains, backpack decorations, mobiles, necklaces, and ornaments at Christmas time. Your kids can create holiday themed buddies or even favorites like Mini Ponies, Pokemon and more.
What you'll need:
- Beadie pattern
- Clear plastic jewelry cord
- Pony beads in various colors
- Key rings
How to make it:
- Count out the number of beads you'll need, according to the pattern you choose. The three we used are: Hello Kitty, Skateboard and Pencil.
- Consult the pattern to find out how much cord is needed before you cut. Next, find the middle of the cord and it tie to your key ring.
- Thread beads onto cord following your pattern. Tie off according to where your pattern indicates.
- Pony beads can be purchased at discount department stores and craft supply stores. You can purchase bags of individual colors or ones containing mixed colors.
- Beads that are solid in color (rather than transparent types) work best for these projects.