Beanbag Animal Thanksgiving Costume
Parental supervision is recommended
Include your stuffed toys in the holiday fun with this beanbag animal Thanksgiving costume. Kids love to see their toy animals dressed up in this craft.
What you'll need:
- Light-brown felt
- Navy-blue felt
- Velcro with sticky back
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of light-brown felt 3/4-inch wide by nine-inches long.
- Cut a feather one-inch wide by 2 1/4-inches long.
- Cut little notches along the side.
- Glue a feather to one side of the band (at the long side of the strip). (see photo)
- Adjust the band to fit the beanbag animal.
- Cut a piece of Velcro and adhere it to other end of the strip.
To make the breechcloth:
- Cut a piece of light-brown felt, about five-inches wide by 2 1/4-inches long.
- Cut 1/2-inch down from the long side in towards middle. Cut 1 1/2-inches in towards the middle on each side. (see photo)
- Cut 1/4-inch little snips all along the bottom length of breechcloth to create a fringe.
- Adjust the breechcloth to fit on the beanbag animal.
- Cut a piece of Velcro and adhere it to one end of breechcloth waistband.