Beware of Dog Sign
Parental supervision is recommended
Turn this informative sign into a fun activity with some color, Blues Clues or Scooby Doo pictures. Keep your family dog safe by ensuring no one lets it out by accident.
What you'll need:
- White corrugated plastic
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Bone stencil, die cut, or cookie cutter
- Letter stencils, if desired
- Plastic cable ties (locking plastic ties)
- Extremely sharp scissors
How to make it:
- Use the letter stencils and the pen to draw the letters on the corrugated plastic. Be sure to start the letters in a bit on all sides so you have room to trace the bone stencils.
- Use the bone stencils and the pen to draw the bones on the corrugated plastic.
- Use your ruler to measure and draw straight lines around the sign. Cut out carefully!
- Use the paint marker to fill in the letters and draw the bone.
- Let dry.
- Poke holes in the sign where it needs to hang on your fence.
- Use plastic cable ties (available at your local home improvement store) to tie the sign on the fence. Be sure to tie down the bottom of the sign as well.
- The sign on our gate would mean a lot more if our dog wouldn't sit under it and grin at people!
Corrugated plastic is made by several manufacturers. It is known as Stratocore or Coreplast, along with other names. One parent found 24"x18" sheets at her local Hobby Lobby. She found that if she purchased it from a signage store it was cheaper as long as she was going to make several projects out of it.