I saw this project on the Discovery Channel show called Start to Finish. It's a great idea for the birds now that they are becoming less scarce with the warming weather.
Note: This craft has been altered to use peanut butter instead of glue.
What you'll need:
- Flat wooden heart (or any wooden shape)
- Peanut butter
- Approximately 4 feet of 1/4 inch wide ribbon
How to make it:
- Drill one small hole in each side of the heart - same distance from the top so that the heart is not lopsided.
- Cover the wooden heart completely in peanut butter and then place the heart in a bowl of bird seed.
- Cover the entire area of the heart with the birdseed making sure no bald spots are left anywhere on the heart.
- Cut two lengths of ribbon each 2 feet long and run one length of ribbon through each hole.
- Tie all ends of the ribbons together in a bow or knot.
- Hang bird biscuit in a tree or somewhere birds have easy access to it.
Tania (Raven_M@webtv.net) wrote with the tip that peanut butter would be a healthier alternative to using glue in this project.