Bird's Nest Easter Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Want to wish your favorite nature lover a very hoppy holiday? This rustic bird's nest Easter card draws its inspiration from the great outdoors.
What you'll need:
- Green design cardstock
- Green moss
- Wooden eggs (3)
- Twig branch
- ¼" W x 12" L green ribbon
- Brown down feathers
- Single-hole punch
- Paint (white and brown)
- Glue gun
How to make it:
Step: 1 CARD PATTERN
- Using the green design cardstock, cut out two card template patterns, with "wrong" sides facing each other.
Step 2: MAKING THE CARD
- Punch three holes 1” apart at top center of card.
- Knot one end of ¼” W x 12” L ribbon.
- Thread ribbon through 1st hole from front to back.
- Thread ribbon through 2nd hole from back to front.
- Thread ribbon through 2nd hole from front to back leaving a loop.
- Thread ribbon through 3rd hold from back to front.
- Knot ends of ribbon (cut excess ribbon).
- Glue twig branch on front at center of card.
- Wrap green moss around thumb and mold into a nest shape.
- Glue nest on top of twig branch.
- Glue brown down feathers inside nest.
Step 3: OTHER
- Paint three wooden eggs white.
- Dip sponge in brown paint and dab excess paint onto rag.
- Apply paint on eggs with sponge. Let dry.
- Glue all three eggs inside nest.
- Make this card eco-friendly by replacing eggs with oval-shaped stones.
- Create a nest using a piece of tree vine.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
Baby Chick in a Pot Easter Card
Bunny Jumping into a Pot Easter Card
Easter Egg Design Card
Baby Chick Easter Card
Eggshell Mosaic Card
Easter Chick Card
Easter Egg Decorating Ideas