Holiday Greetings Blocks
These blocks are easy to make and fun to display. They can be adapted to your choice of holidays.
Parental supervision with the use of hot glue or wood glue is recommended.
What you'll need:
- Wooden blocks (1")
- White craft paint
- Paint brush
- Pen or pencil
- Alphabet stencil
- Small holiday stencils
- Paint pens or permanent markers
- Hot glue or wood glue
How to make it:
- Base coat blocks with white paint. Let dry. This make take 2-3 coats to cover blocks completely.
- Write down the holidays that you wish to use on paper. Count the letters to find out how many blocks you will need for the longest holiday "name".
- Using hot glue or wood glue, adhere the number of blocks required for the longest holiday "name". Let dry.
- Using the stencils and paint pens or markers, add your holiday greetings to the blocks. Note: When your holiday name is shorter than the number of blocks that you have glued together, use holiday "decorations" to dress up the blank blocks.
- Stack your blocks or put them side-by-side and rotate them as the holidays change.