Blue & Gold Punched Place Mats
Parental supervision is recommended
Make your Scouting banquet an elegant affair with this simple blue and gold paper place mat pattern. Change the colors to personalize any holiday or birthday dinner celebration. A great craft for cub scouts or older kids.
What you'll need:
- Blue construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Fleur-de-lis hole punch
- Decorative corner edge scissors, if desired
- Glue or glue stick
How to make it:
- In each of the corners of the blue construction paper, hole punch one fleur-de-lis. (see photo)
- Cut a square of yellow construction paper that will cover the entire corner of the place mat and glue to the back. Repeat for the other 3 corners.
- Cut a strip of yellow construction paper about 3" x 8".
- Use decorative corner edge scissors, if desired on the strip of yellow construction paper.
- Have the Cub Scout write his name, in his handwriting, on his place mat.
- Make additional place mats reversing the colors for each guest, leader, and Cub Scout at the table.
Try looking for your fleur-de-lis punch at a local scrapbooking store. You will be able to come up with many uses for this hole punch. The decorative corner edge scissors are available at many craft and fabric stores.