Blue & Gold Ribbon Place Mats
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
This is the perfect chance to get the kids (especially Cub Scouts) involved with decorations for a celebratory supper, whether for a Blue & Gold banquet or another holiday.
What you'll need:
- Blue construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
How to make it:
- On the right side of the blue construction paper, about 1" from the short side, make a mark about 1 1/2" from the top (long side) of the paper.
- Measure down about 1 1/2" and make another mark.
- Repeat until you have 5 marks.
- Cut a slit on each of the 5 marks about 1" from the right (short) side), going towards the middle about 1 3/4" long.
- Cut a strip of yellow construction paper 1 1/2" wide by the length of the paper.
- Cut a V shape in one short end of the yellow strip. This is the ribbon.
- Weave the ribbon through the place mat.