Blue's Clues Hat
Parental supervision is recommended
Turn an ordinary baseball cap into your very own Blue's Clues hat. Make one and you have a great gift for kids; make more and you have an alternative to birthday party loot bags. An easy, fun kids' craft.
What you'll need:
- Light blue baseball hat
- Sewing machine
- Matching light blue thread
- Heavy duty sewing machine needle (if using heavy material)
- Light blue terry cloth or other matching material
- Navy blue felt
- Tacky glue
- Eyes (we used the type with the prongs in them)
How to make it:
- Cut 4 ears out of light blue material.
- Cut circles out of navy blue felt.
- Sew (or applique stitch) blue circles on the right side of one ear piece.
- Match right sides together of the ear. Stitch with a 1/4" seam, leaving a spot in the middle open.
- Turn ear right side out. Repeat for other ear.
- Stitch opening closed.
Note: If you find light blue felt to match your hat, then stitching is not necessary. Cut two ear pieces and glue on the navy blue circles.
- Stitch ears on to hat securely. (see photo for placement)
- Cut additional circles out of navy blue felt.
- Use tacky glue to secure navy blue felt circles to the hat.
- Attach wiggle eyes with tacky glue or prong eyes according to the directions on the package.