Blue's Clues Party Hat
Parental supervision is recommended
Craft foam hats can turn an ordinary children's birthday party into a fantastic Blue's Clues Party.
What you'll need:
- Printer paper
- Light blue craft foam
- Dark blue craft foam
- Pattern (see below)
- Tacky glue
- Hot glue gun, optional
- Blue chenille stem or pipe cleaner
- Wire cutters
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Cut a strip of craft foam about 1 1/2" wide by the length of the craft foam sheet.
- Hole punch each short end of the strip.
- Cut a chenille stem in half.
- Put one end of a chenille stem in the hole in the strip. Twist the end back on to the chenille stem to hold in place. Repeat on other hole with second chenille stem piece.
- Try strip (hat) around child's head. Twist chenille stems together to hold in place at back of head.
- Use the pen and mark a tiny mark on strip at each of child's ears. This is to mark placement for the dog ears.
- Remove hat from child's head and untwist the chenille stems holding the hat on.
- Print the pattern for the ears.
Note to Mac Users: Choose "shrink to fit" option on above pattern and see tips area below.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Trace the ear pattern twice on light blue craft foam.
- Cut out the ears.
- Cut out spots for the ears out of dark blue foam. Any size or shape will do.
- Put glue on the "tab" of the ears.
- Glue the ears (underside without spots) on the mark you made on the strip.
- Let dry.
- Place strip/hat back on child with the glued tabs on the inside of the hat. The ears will flop over just like Blue's Clues!
- Have fun! Maybe you should have a dog party!
Note the size of the ears we made is approximately 5" wide x 9" long. You can make the ears any size you wish.