By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Celebrate Bonfire Night (aka Guy Fawkes Day) by making this super easy miniature bonfire can. It's a safe alternative for kids who want to get involved on this holiday.
What you'll need:
- Soup can
- Red, yellow and orange tissue paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Be sure that soup can is clean and dry.
- Line the inside of the can with some white glue.
- Tuck a piece of red tissue paper inside the can.
- Tuck a piece of orange tissue paper into the red tissue paper.
- Tuck a piece of yellow tissue paper into the orange tissue paper.
- Let dry.
- If there are any sharp edges around the mouth of the can, smooth them with sandpaper. Most soup cans come with pop tops now.
- Older kids can paint the can brown for an added effect.
- If you don’t have tissue paper you can substitute with pieces of construction paper.