Bouquet of Photo Flowers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Looking for a bouquet of flowers that will never wilt or die? Make this precious keepsake for Mom or Grandma this Mother’s Day and they will cherish it always.
What you'll need:
- Construction paper, various colors
- Glue stick
- Green chenille stems, one for each flower
- Optional: patterned paper
How to make it:
- Cut photos into circles to be used as the center of the flower.
- Cut simple flower shapes out of construction paper.
- Glue photo circle to the center of the flower.
- This step is optional: Glue construction paper flower to a piece of patterned paper. Cut around the flower giving your construction paper about a half-inch border of patterned paper.
- Tape chenille stem to the back of your flower. Make sure the tape is secure by pressing onto the tape with your fingernail.
- Trim ends of chenille to the length you desire, depending on what you are using as a vase. If making a handheld bouquet, don’t trim the chenille; simply tie a ribbon bow around them all.
- Instead of patterned paper, have children color white paper with various colored markers or crayons and use that as your border.
- If you find it easier, instead of cutting around the border, trace it lightly first with a pencil, then cut.
- Even the littlest of children can make this craft, simply help them by cutting out photos and flower ahead of time and have them help with the gluing and taping.
- If you need a pretty keepsake vase to place your flowers in, try our Fingerprint Flower Vase!