Bows and Jingle Bells Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Everyone loves the pretty bows and ribbons that come along with Christmas presents. The family can make good use out of Christmas wrapping scraps with this pretty bows and jingle bells ornament.
What you'll need:
- Festive wide ribbon, approximately 24" long
- 12" jute or other jewelry cord, such as hemp
- Red jingle bells in various sizes (we used 2 large, 6 medium and 6 small)
- 8" silver or gold thin ribbon
How to make it:
- Find the center of your wide ribbon and tie in a loose knot. Thread the jute through the back of the knot (see image).
- String the jingle bells onto both ends of the jute, beginning with the large bells, then alternating medium and small with the remaining bells (see image).
- Once all bells are on, tie the two ends of the jute into a knot, and while still loose, slide the knot up as close to the bells as you can get it and tighten. Trim the ends of the jute (see image).
- Tie the wide ribbon into a bow. Manipulate with your fingers until it looks the way you want it to, and then trim off excess.
Turn bow over and thread gold or silver ribbon through for a hanger. Tie in a knot (see image).
- Watch for sales on ribbon, especially after the holidays.
- Jingle bells are available in silver, brass, gold and a few festive colors as well from your local craft supply store.
- You can find jute, hemp, and other cords in the jewelry department of your local craft supply store.