Wood Box Clock
Parental supervision is recommended
This trinket box doubles as an attractive, homemade clock, and would make a great gift for Father's Day, Mother's Day or any day.
What you'll need:
- Black craft paint
- Black "Painters" marker
- Red "Painters" marker
- Green "Painters" marker
- Brown "Painters" marker
- 1 set of Clock works appropriate for size of box (thickest shank possible)
- 1 Wooden box with hinged lid
- Wax paper to put on work surface and between lid
How to make it:
- Drill a hole in the center of the top of the box.
- Cover your work surface with a piece of wax paper to avoid getting paint on your table.
- Use the black craft paint and the paint brush to paint the box completely. Add some wax paper between the lid and box to keep the paint from sticking together.
- Let the box dry completely.
- Use the red marker to paint cherries in the 12, 3, 6, and 9 spaces on the clock.
- Let dry.
- Paint stems and leaves on the cherries with the green and brown markers.
- Let dry.
- Use the black marker to paint the numbers on the cherries.
- Install the clockworks.
You can paint your box any color you want. Be creative and think of other themes for the numbers as well!