Bunny Jumping into a Pot Easter Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Easter is almost here, so time to hop to making your very special homemade greeting cards. This hanging Easter egg features a fuzzy little bunny who is jumping away into a field.
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- 3-D pink fabric paint
- 1/4" W x 15" L green ribbon
- Green moss
- 1½" to 2” white pompom (1)
- 3/4" to 1” white pompom (1)
- White felt
- Pink felt
- Glue gun
- Decorative edged scissors
- Pearl bead (1)
- Small wooden pot
- Single-hole punch
How to make it:
Step 1: CARD PATTERN
- Trace template shapes onto cardstock and cut out with decorative edged scissors.
Step 2: MAKING THE CARD
- Punch a hole through top center of card.
- Thread ¼” W x 8” L ribbon through hole.
- Knot ends of ribbon together.
- Create a small bow using ¼” W x 3” L ribbon and cut away excess ribbon.
- Glue bow at top edge and center of card.
- Glue a small pearl on bow.
- Dab groupings of three small dots with 3-D pink fabric paint all across the front of the card. Let dry.
Step 3: MAKING THE BUNNY FEET
- Trace and cut out two large oval shapes using white felt (for bunny feet).
- Trace and cut out two smaller oval shapes using pink felt (for bunny's heel pads).
- Trace and cut out six tiny oval shapes using pink felt (for bunny's toe pads).
- Glue both pink felt oval shapes on bottom of white felt shape (for bunny's feet).
Step 4: DECORATING THE CARD
- Glue ¼" W x 4” L green ribbon around side edge of wooden pot.
- Glue pot onto front center of card.
- Stuff wooden pot with moss.
- Glue large pompom in center of wooden pot (for body).
- Glue small pompom on top of large pompom (for tail).
- Glue finished feet to front, center of large pompom (for feet). This will make it look like the bunny is hopping away!
- Replace wooden pot with a basket and felt for design fabric.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.