Easter Bunny Basket
Parental supervision is recommended
This Easter bunny basket craft for kids makes a wonderful table decoration for Easter brunch or dinner. Can be given as a gift for a teacher or parent.
What you'll need:
- Soup can; washed and dried
- White craft paint
- Pink craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Wax paper or newspaper
- 2 (20mm) Wiggle eyes
- Pink pom pom
- Pink chenille stem
- Wire cutters, optional
- Eyelet flat lace (about 1/2" wide)
- 2 (2") Oval Woodsies
- 2 (1 1/2") Oval Woodsies
- Hot glue gun or Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Use wax paper or newspaper to cover the work area.
- Paint the soup can and the 4 Oval Woodsies white. Let dry. You may need to apply more than one coat of paint.
- Paint the middle of the 2" Oval Woodsies with pink paint. (see photo) Let dry.
- Glue the wiggle eyes and the pom pom for the nose on the bunny.
- Paint the pink mouth on the bunny. (see photo)
- Glue on the bunny ears and the paws. (see photo)
- Decide on length of handle. If you wish to have a shorter handle, cut the chenille stem in half using the wire cutters.
- Thread the chenille stem through the eyelet lace, gathering it on the chenille stem. Cut when the lace is ruffled to your satisfaction.
- Glue the ends of the chenille stems to the inside of the can. (see photo)
- Let bunny dry completely.
- Fill with Easter grass and little wrapped candies or goodies.