Business Card Holder
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can decorate these charming Popsicle stick business card holders with stars, other Woodsie shapes, markers, felt, paint or construction paper.
What you'll need:
- 11 Popsicle sticks
- Green craft paint
- School glue
- Decorations (Woodsies, paint, pom-poms, etc.)
- Waxed paper or plastic bag (to protect work surface)
How to make it:
- Lay out a piece of waxed paper or recycle a plastic bag to protect your work surface. Note: Newspaper will stick to the project.
- Lay three Popsicle sticks flat next to each other side to side.
- Glue the three sticks together. This is the front side of the card holder.
- For the base of the business card holder, lay two Popsicle sticks flat next to each other and glue together in the same fashion as that of the front.
- For the back of the business card holder, lay four Popsicle sticks flat next to each other side to side, and glue together.
- For the sides of the card holder, cut one and a quarter inch off of the top and bottom of two Popsicle sticks.
- Lay two long edges together, side to side and glue together.
- Repeat with other two ends for the other side of the card holder.
- Glue the front to the base at a right angle.
- Glue the back to the base also at a right angle. Now you should have a U-shaped figure.
- Glue the right and left sides to the base, front, and back of the card holder. Now you should have the actual card holder finished.
- Let dry.
- Add decorations such as painted Woodsies shapes, pom-poms, or anything you would like.
Felt or construction paper could be used to make the flowers as well. Attach the child's picture on the front of the holder for a decoration that any parent will love.