By: Claudine Casault
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
A Mother's Day card that takes you and your family outdoors!
What you'll need:
- Cardstock paper (colored)
- Transparent green paper
- 1/8" ribbon (colored)
- 1 medium-size button
- Butterfly (artificial)
- Double-sided tape (padded)
- Patterned design paper
- Small round beads (colored)
- Glue or glue gun
Tree branch (small)
How to make it:
- Cut out a 7" x 14" square of colored cardstock and fold in half.
- Cut out a 4" x 4" square of patterned design paper.
- Cut out a 4" x 4" square of colored cardstock.
- Glue colored cardstock and design paper together (4" x 4" square pieces).
- Place double-sided tape on back edges of colored/design paper.
- Adhere the colored/design square to front of card.
- Draw and cut leaves (small) out of transparent green paper and fold in middle.
- Glue leaves onto tree branch and round beads at base of leaves and on branches.
- Glue the butterfly onto tree branch and onto design paper.
- Glue a button (medium-sized) onto front of card at center edge.
- Cut a 5½" piece of coloured ribbon, make a loop and knot the ends (cut off excess).
- Wrap loop over button and glue knotted end onto back of card.
- Glue (2) small leaves on top of knotted end and a round bead at base of leaf.
- You can also add to this unique Mother's Day Card by substituting with various types of tree branches.
- You can also substitute the butterfly for other insects, animals or small birds.
- You can use various patterns of design paper and coloured cardstock.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.