Parental supervision is recommended
Help your young crafters take flight with this butterfly costume. Kids will emerge from their cocoons when they dress up in this costume that they helped craft and decorate themselves.
What you'll need:
- Angel wings, bought or created (see tips below)
- Dimensional paint in assorted colors
- Trash bag
- Chenille stems
- Pom-poms in matching color
- Tacky glue
- Sweat suit in matching color
- Safety pins, optional
How to make it:
- Place angel wings out on trash bag.
- Using the dimensional paint, create patterns similar to a butterfly. Fill in the wings with the paint (if the paint runs, you may wish to let dry between colors).
- Let dry.
- Take chenille stems and attach to the head band for antennae.
- Glue the pom-poms to the chenille stems.
- Let dry.
- Put on the sweat suit and wear the head band.
- If the wings do not have a way to attach them, try using safety pins.
We found the angel wings in the Halloween costume section. You could also make your own wings using wire and a white sheet.