Coffee Filter Butterfly Clips
Parental supervision is recommended.
What you'll need:
- Black chenille stem
- Paper coffee filter
- Water color paints
- Paint brush
- Wooden clothespin
- 2 (4-6mm) Wiggle eyes
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers
How to make it:
- Cut the black chenille stem to 4". (You will only use the 4" piece for this project)
- Using water color paints, paint the coffee filter. Let dry.
- Accordion pleat the coffee filter in about 1/2" pleats.
- Slide the butterfly in-between the opening of the wooden clothespin.
- Fold the black chenille stem in half.
- Separate the ends of the black chenille stem.
- Bend one end of the black chenille stem over about 1/4". Bend again.
- Repeat with other end. This makes the antennas.
- Slide in-between the opening of the wooden clothespin.
- Fan out the butterfly's wings.
- Glue the wiggle eyes on the clothespin.