Parental supervision is recommended
These recycled multipurpose buckets are great for Cub scouts or campers. You can personalize them, store your rain gear inside and even use them as a stool.
What you'll need:
- 5 gallon new (empty) paint buckets with lids (see tips below)
- Permanent markers or "Painters" paint markers
- Paints and sponges, optional
- Pliers, optional
How to make it:
- First thing you need to do is remove the tear strip from the lid! If you can't pull it off by hand you can use the pliers to help you get a firmer grip.
- Let the children use markers or paint and sponges to decorate their paint buckets in the Camp theme. Note: Our theme this year is Cubs Around the World.
- Give each child a list of supplies they need to bring to camp and have them bring it in their bucket.
- Purchase the paint buckets through your local Home Improvement or Paint Store.
- Let your Cubs create these buckets and take them to camp pre-decorated match the camp theme.
- Young campers can bring their rain ponchos, bug guard, sun screen, etc. and place them in their own bucket.