Parental supervision is recommended
Craft yourself a soft place to sit with this Camping mat. It's the perfect thing for kids or grown-ups tired of that numb feeling that comes from sitting on cold, hard surfaces.
What you'll need:
- 2 pieces of square fabric or 2 large bandannas
- Iron-on vinyl
- Sewing machine and thread
- Straight pins
- Old pillow or stuffing
- Thin cording
- Hard surface to use for ironing
How to make it:
- Following the instructions on the package, attach the iron-on vinyl to the right sides of the fabric or large bandanas.
- Pin the two pieces of fabric together, right sides together. For the handle, cut a piece of the thin cord and tie a knot in each end. Pin the handle on the inside of the two pieces you just pinned together so that when you turn the fabric, the handle will be on the outside.
- Sew the two pieces together leaving space to turn and stuff.
- Turn the fabric and stuff with the old pillow or stuffing.
- Sew the rest of sit-upon together.
- Take to camp and enjoy!