Canada Day Fan
Parental supervision is recommended
Oh Canada, we love this little fan. Keep yourself cool and let your kids show their Canadian pride as you make this easy paper flag craft.
What you'll need:
- 1 piece of cardboard 6 inches long and 3 inches wide
- 1 piece of white construction paper, cut to the same size as the cardboard
- 2 pieces of red construction paper, 3 inches long and 1.5 inches wide
- Maple leaf pattern (see below)
- Scrap of red construction paper big enough for the maple leaf
- Popsicle stick
- School glue
How to make it:
- Cut out all of the pieces of construction paper and cardboard to the appropriate sizes.
- Glue the white piece of construction paper to the rectangle of
- Glue the two pieces of red construction paper to each end of the white construction paper so it looks like the Canadian flag.
- Print the Maple Leaf.
- Cut out the maple leaf from the pattern and trace it onto the red construction paper.
- Cut out the red maple leaf.
- Glue the leaf between the two strips of red construction paper.
- Glue the Popsicle stick either behind or place it between the layers of the cardboard.
If you have a piece of white cardboard, you can use that. You won't have to use white paper if you do.