Canada Day Votive Candleholder
Parental supervision is recommended
This attractive candleholder can fit any theme. Attach leaves for Canada Day, pumpkins for Thanksgiving, ghosts for Halloween... Let your kids' creativity go wild.
For more great ideas for kids' crafts for Canada Day, visit our main Canada Day Crafts page.
What you'll need:
- Paint brush
- Liquitex Gesso
- Votive candle
- 3" terra-cotta pot with dish
- Red construction paper
- Maple leaf punch
- School glue
- Mixture of glue and a little bit of water
How to make it:
- Using the Liquitex Gesso and a paint brush, cover the terra-cotta pot
and its dish with two coats.
- Allow the pot to dry overnight.
- Punch the number of leaves desired out of the red construction paper.
- If you don't have a leaf punch, here is a printable pattern for a single larger leaf to use.
- Glue the leaves all over the pot in whatever design or pattern desired. You can also just place them around the rim, or whatever you want to do.
- Using a paintbrush and the mixture of glue and water, spread a thin coat all over the pot to hold the leaves in place.
- Place your candle in the pot, light, and enjoy!