Canadian Can Wrap
A crafty way for kids to "personalize" a can of pop and show their pride. Change the craft foam and create a four leaf clover wrap for St. Patrick's Day.
What you'll need:
- Sheet of white craft foam
- Sheet of red craft foam
- Sticky back Velcro
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Cut a piece of white foam out of the sheet that is 10 cm by 24 cm (4" by 9.5").
- Cut a piece of sticky back Velcro that is 10 cm (4") long.
- Put the Velcro on each side at the edge of the white foam. (One piece on the front to the left, one on the back to the left.)
- Fold the white foam around a can to make sure it fits. Secure the Velcro and make sure it will hold in place.
- Remove the white foam and lay flat. Let the Velcro sit overnight to "cure" or it may not stick if used too soon.
- Print the Maple Leaf.
- Cut out the pattern and trace it onto the red craft foam.
- Cut the maple leaf out of the red foam.
- Glue it onto the white foam where you want it.
- Let the glue set.
- Wrap the foam around the can and enjoy! It will keep your can insulated and your hands dry.