Canadian Sleep Mask
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make this uniquely Canadian sleep mask with just a few pieces of red and white felt. Kids will sleep soundly after celebrating Canada Day.
What you'll need:
- White felt
- Black felt
- Red felt
- White thread
- Sewing machine
- 1/8"-1/4" wide elastic, long enough to fit around wearer's head
- Straight pins
- Fabric glue
How to make it:
- Print any of the following patterns: (The smaller size may be needed for children)
- Cut two of these out of white felt.
- Using the same pattern, cut out one black felt piece as well.
- Trim around the edges of the black piece so that is a little smaller
than the two white pieces.
- Put the black piece between the two white pieces. Pin them together.
- Sew the three pieces together about half a centimeter from the edge.
- Print out the maple leaf pattern.
- Cut two maple leaves out of the red felt.
- Glue the two leaves on the mask with fabric glue. (See photo)
- After elastic is measured to the correct length, sew it to the mask one inch from the top on the outer right and left edges.
If you don't have access to a sewing machine, you can glue the mask together just as easily with hot glue or fabric glue. For durability, we recommend sewing this project. You will need to sew the elastic on with either a machine or by hand.