Candy Airplane Ornament 2
Parental supervision is recommended
Watch imaginations soar as your kids transform a pack of gum into a candy airplane ornament. Try different candies to create trains, race cars, and more.
What you'll need:
- Low temp hot glue gun
- Ribbons or yarn for hanging
- 2 small packages of gum (3" x 3/4" x 3/8")
- Small piece of cardboard
- 3 small square candies (we used Starburst, 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/4"), optional
How to make it:
- Place one pack of gum on its side, glue the other pack on as wings. If you want thinner wings, remove a stick of gum from the pack and use that instead.
- We used thre Starbursts to make the tail. This makes the tail a bit big. You might want to use just one Starburst and make some side fins of cardboard (or a half stick of gum). We glued them together to form an upside down T, then glued the T to the back of the plane.
- Make a little propeller out of cardboard and glue it to the front.
When looking for the candies, think about shape. Go to your local store and look for rectangles, circles, shiny wrappings, etc. One parent found small packages of gum in a large multi-pack of gum. You can also remove the gum sticks from the package and glue them together to create a 'small pack' sized set of gum.
Don't be afraid to combine several candies (like the small squares of Starburst candies) to make larger shapes. This is an exercise in creativity. Find something that will work at your stores - these instructions are just to get you started. Experiment with candies and try them in different formations before you begin gluing. Most of all, have fun!
Check out more Christmas Crafts with Food or Candy.