Candy Cane Ornament
Parental supervision is recommended
Using tri-beads, you and your kids can create your very own sweet candy canes for hanging on the Christmas tree. These are also great to tie onto gifts or make a festive necklace.
What you'll need:
- 12" white chenille stem
- 18 clear translucent tri-beads (non-translucent beads may be used)
- 16 red translucent tri-beads (non-translucent beads may be used)
- Wire cutters
This will make 1 candy cane:
How to make it:
- Cut the chenille stem in half.
- Put on one clear bead, turn end of chenille stem around the bead. Feed next clear bead on the chenille stem all the way down to cover the sharp end.
- Feed the rest of the beads, starting with two red beads, followed by two clear beads, until all the beads are used.
- After the last clear bead is added, bend the chenille stem around the bead. Feed the stem back through the second clear bead to cover the sharp end.
- Hang and enjoy!