Candy Cane Reindeer
Parental supervision is recommended
Inexpensive and attractive, these candy cane reindeer are simple for kids to make and great as decorations for gifts.
What you'll need:
- Candy cane (I use 6 inch, individually wrapped)
- Ribbon - 8" piece
- 2 wiggle eyes (we used the 5 mm size)
- Red or brown pom-poms (very small)
- 2 (18") pipe cleaners (craft kind - use any color but we liked gold/metallic)
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Leave the wrapping on the candy cane (so the kids can eat it later).
- Glue eyes on rounded face of the candy cane.
- Glue red pom-pom on the face for a nose.
- Tie ribbon into a bow on the straight part of the candy cane.
- Cut one of the pipe cleaners in half.
- Use the full pipe cleaner and wrap it around the crook of the candy cane (both sides equal) to make the beginning part of the antlers.
- Use one of the cut pipe cleaner pieces to wrap around the left antler and repeat on the right side.
- Manipulate the pipe cleaners to look like antlers.
Check out more Christmas Crafts with Food or Candy.