Candy Cane Sunglasses
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Getting geared up for a summer celebration of Christmas in July? Kids will look extra cool with these candy cane striped sunglasses to protect their eyes from the sun's rays.
What you'll need:
- Red electrical tape or white address labels and red paint
- White plastic sunglasses
How to make it:
- If using red electrical tape, cut into ½"wide strips. If you don't have red tape, make your own red strips by doing the following two steps.
- Paint white address labels with red paint and let dry. Repeat if needed. (See photo.)
- Cut address label into ½" wide strips. You want the strips long enough to wrap around the arms of the glasses. (See photo.)
- Wrap strips of red tape around the rim of the glasses and around the arms as well. (See photo.)
- Smaller address labels work better than larger ones.
- Instead of red paint, you could use red markers to color your labels.
- We do not recommend painting the sunglasses as plastic is not porous and there's nothing for the paint to cling to.