Candy Race Car
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids, start your engines with this colorful candy race car ornament. Try different candies to create trains, airplanes, and more.
What you'll need:
- Low temp hot glue gun
- Ribbons or yarn for hanging
- 1 large package of gum (1 1/4" x 3" x 3/4")
- 4 round wrapped candies (we used peppermints)
- 1 shiny wrapped candy (about 1 1/4" long)
- 2 mini chocolate bars (1 1/2" x 1" x 3/8")
How to make it:
- Glue the shiny candy to the front of the gum pack as a bumper. Wrap the extra wrapping around the edges of the pack.
- Glue the four round candies on as wheels.
- Glue the one candy bar o the back half of the car, allowing it to stick off the back by a 1/4 of an inch or so.
- Glue the other candy bar across the back of that candy bar, having at least half of it extending past the edge of the lower bar. Look at the illustration and experiment.
When it comes to choosing candies, think about shape. Go to your local store and look for rectangles, circles, shiny wrappings, etc. You can find small packages of gum in a large multi-pack of gum. You can also remove the gum sticks from the package and glue them together to create a small sized pack of gum.
Don't be afraid to combine several candies (like small Starburst squares) to make larger shapes. This is an exercise in creativity and these instructions are just to get you started. Experiment with your candies and try them different ways before you begin gluing. Most of all, have fun!
Check out more Christmas Crafts with Food or Candy.