Car Nut Frame
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Is your dad hooked on cars? Are you a mechanic in training? If you love cars, trucks, or anything with a motor, then this frame is a great gift for your father.
What you'll need:
- Small wooden frame
- Black acrylic paint
- Washers and bolts
- Permanent adhesive glue (recommended: GemTac jewel glue)
- Photograph of you
How to make it:
- Remove glass from frame.
- Paint frame black and let dry.
- Use permanent adhesive glue to decorate outside of frame with nuts and washers. Let dry completely.
- Insert a family photo and the glass into the frame.
- Get nuts and washers from Dad’s toolbox with his permission or have Mom buy them at a local hardware store.
- Try to find a photograph that shows you riding your toy car or helping Dad in the driveway.
- GemTac is glue that is specially made for attaching jewels and glass to other surfaces. You can also use Super Glue.