Cardboard Tube Red Firecrackers
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
A common decoration during Chinese New Year is a string of red firecrackers. Some believe that throwing firecrackers scares away evil spirits. Make a string of your own to display!
For more holiday fun, be sure to visit our main Chinese New Year page, as well as our Chinese New Year crafts, Chinese New Year recipes, Chinese New Year books, and learn about Chinese Astrology too! View our slideshow of our favorite Chinese New Year crafts.
What you'll need:
- 4 or more cardboard tubes
- Red construction paper, ½ sheet per tube
- Gold glitter glue
- White yarn
How to make it:
- Roll cardboard tube in red construction paper, use tape to secure.
- Fold ends of construction paper inside the tube on both ends.
- Decorate tube with gold glitter glue with different shapes and designs. Allow to dry for several hours.
- Tape yarn inside one end of each tube.
- String together, one higher than the other if you have four of them. If you have more, you can hang them in pairs, two at the top, two below that, two below that, and so on.
- Hang up as decorations!
- Chinese New Year is considered the most important of traditional Chinese holidays.
- Save cardboard tubes from paper towels and bathroom tissue for hundreds of different craft projects!
- Buy construction paper in large variety packs to have on hand for impromptu projects.
Welcome Door Hangover
Chinese New Year Fan
Chinese Paper Lanterns
Chinese New Year Red Envelopes
Our Favorite Chinese New Year Crafts
Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year Crafts
Chinese New Year Recipes