Cardboard Tube Wall Flowers
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
These adorably hip flowers are made from cardboard tubes! They are a fun and chic way for kids to dress up their walls, and recycle at the same time.
What you'll need:
- Cardboard tubes
- Acrylic craft paint
- White craft glue
- Paper clips
- Mounting putty
How to make it:
- Paint the cardboard tubes in your choice of colors and let dry. (See photo.)
- Flatten tube slightly while holding in your hand. Cut tube into ¾" "slices." These are your flower petals. (See photo.)
- Position petals on a covered work surface and arrange them into flower shapes. You can pinch the ends of them so they are pointy, or manipulate with your fingers to make them round. You can even square them off if you wish! (See photo.)
- Once you have them in place, glue all the "petals" together and secure with paper clips. Let them dry completely. (See photo.)
- Remove paper clips and add a little putty to the back, then press gently onto the wall or window!
- You can make a mobile and hang your pretty flowers from it.
- If you like, paint the insides of the tubes after cutting them into slices. Let them dry before gluing together.
- Save toilet paper and paper towel tubes for fun projects such as this.